Sunday 20 September 2015

Arrgghhh! *Patience*..........


Oh my! The picture above could not describe my week any better!!
You know something I have learnt through my journey with God so far? Whenever you set your mind to accomplish something, you will be tested along the way....and these tests actually form part of you establishing your goal.

As I spoke about last week or the beginning of the week, (whichever way you want to look at it)...."Love is Patient and kind......" The whole week, this verse from 1 Corinthians has been on my mind "love is patient, love is kind,....love is patient. love is kind...." I have been asking God to give me opportunities to put them into practise as I know that is the only way I can truly develop this fruit in me.

But my oh my!! I expected to have to practise it with my friends, family etc....which did happen from time to time during this week, but majority of the tests this week was whilst I was driving!

I have heard about road rage before and always thought people just over exaggerated....until I experienced it for myself! It is VERY REAL people!! VERY REAL! Since I started driving, there has been MANY occasions where other drivers, pedestrians, cyclists, motorbikes etc have done such silly, unnecessary or even life threatening things whilst I am driving and the anger rose in me many, many times.

This week I honestly felt as though, people on the road were against me...it was constant! Every single day, in every single journey.....I was like God, what on earth?!

It was soo very hard to be patient and kind, I can tell you that much. I failed at times, I would blast my horn, block others from passing in front of me. But I would always remember "love is patient, love is kind....love is patient, love is kind...." It was hard sometimes, but I would chose to ignore the irritation and obey the truth that was repeating in my mind and be patient and kind.

You may say.....oh but come on! This is a normal thing to get angry, now you are taking it too far! But I personally was convicted of this behaviour and realised that the fruit of the Spirit is to be displayed at all times and in EVERY circumstance, so the very small things are not to be overlooked.

With this being said....I look forward to next week (with a sour smile, hehehehe).

Join me tomorrow as we explore the definition of Love according to the bible further.

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment