Friday 13 March 2015

Simply put.....



So yesterday, there I was at work and these jostle of emotions were screaming for my attention. The temptation to give in to them was very great. Then the thought came to mind....

"Ha! And you think God is pleased with you, look at the way you are feeling right now!"

So I did what I normally do, I reported my feelings and this arrow of a thought straight to our Dad and asked Him to help me....and immediately He brought this verse into my mind :

"For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.  Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Hebrews 4: 15-16

You see, it really doesn't matter what we feel, because unfortunately, we are stuck in this weak body till we die. What matters is what we do and this comes from within, from our own spirit, from our mind, from the One whom we choose to listen to, from the Spirit of God who abides in us.

This is what defines who we are and where we stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment