Thursday 12 March 2015

I want to be Famous!!.....

I want to be famous! Yes, I really do!
I am sure you probably read the title and thought "huh? girl what you talking about?!" Lol. But I am being completely serious!


This is the final part to the recent series I started concerning a real life surrendered to God. I read this verse and ever since then, it has really been changing my mindset :

" Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.  When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory." Colossians 3 :2-3

So you see, our lives on this earth does not really matter anymore.....I don't know if you understand what I mean. This is not to say we become couch potatoes and do nothing. Maybe this will better explain :

Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 16:19-21

The fame I am talking about is not here on earth. Those who achieve great fame here on earth by worldly means especially the celebrities we see...have absolutely NO FAME in the Kingdom of God (they have a lot of fame here and in hell if they live by hell's principles). The Kingdom of God is our eternal life, our hidden life in Christ, the actual reason we were created.

We live on this earth for a very short time (even though saying I have lived for 100years may seem like a lot, its nothing compared to eternity). 

I want to be one known by the angels, known by the great people in the Kingdom of God, infact I want to be amongst them! But I know this requires constant application of the principles of this Kingdom, actually living by the Faith. And this new life hidden in Christ requires one main thing : Sacrifice.

This means, everything I have learnt up until now from this world, even from my childhood, past events and experiences...do not matter, what matters is what God teaches me, my obedience to Him, the life I live for Him, the purpose I live out for Him. His Will being done in my life.

So now do you understand? Yes! I want to be famous!!

No comments:

Post a Comment