Thursday 15 May 2014

Me? Are you sure?.......


This is a problem I had for a long time!
For the longest time, each time I would be blessed with a great responsibility or if something amazing and unexpected happened to me....I would think to myself "But I don't do as much as that person/people do, I am not as good enough or deserving as they are, I still have things to work on with myself....surely this might be a mistake"

Then the devil would of course play with this 'Yes its true, you are not good enough, that person is better than you, you will not last with this, something will go wrong' etc.

And honestly, there were moments I would not challenge these thoughts at all but entertain them. This carried on for a while that even sometimes I would fear taking a bold step to move forward with areas of my life as I would just feel as though it can never happen for me. I would even fear taking certain responsibilities incase I would fail.

It wasn't until I read this amazing verse that my mind completely changed! It is not up to me or anyone else for that matter, who God blesses, He is the owner of my life :

 For God had promised, “I will return about this time next year, and Sarah will have a son.”

 This son was our ancestor Isaac. When he married Rebekah, she gave birth to twins. But before they were born, before they had done anything good or bad, she received a message from God. (This message shows that God chooses people according to His own purposes; He calls people, but not according to their good or bad works.) She was told, “Your older son will serve your younger son.” In the words of the Scriptures, “I loved Jacob, but I rejected Esau.”

 Are we saying, then, that God was unfair? Of course not!For God said to Moses,

“I will show mercy to anyone I choose,
and I will show compassion to anyone I choose.”

 So it is God who decides to show mercy. We can neither choose it nor work for it.
                                        Romans 9:9-16

This showed me that I can never prove to God that I am good enough, neither can anyone ever prove to God that they are too bad to either change or have their life changed by Him. He has decided to show His mercy on us....remember He sees our heart and knows EVERYTHING. 

We always see just what is right infront of us...but He always sees the bigger picture.

So stop putting yourself down! You have been chosen by God. This is something we must remind ourselves of everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment