Friday 11 April 2014

Integrity!.............


Oh my guys! I was rebuked by God! 
This is a long post, sorry, but believe me you will not regret reading all of it :). Take a read at this :

Do not be rash with your mouth,
And let not your heart utter anything hastily before God.
For God is in heaven, and you on earth;
Therefore let your words be few.
 For a dream comes through much activity,
And a fool’s voice is known by his many words.


 When you make a vow to God, do not delay to pay it;
For He has no pleasure in fools.
Pay what you have vowed—
Better not to vow than to vow and not pay.

 Do not let your mouth cause your flesh to sin, nor say before the messenger of God that it was an error. Why should God be angry at your excuse and destroy the work of your hands? For in the multitude of dreams and many words there is also vanity. But fear God.
                                                                  Ecclesiastes 5. 2-6

Do you know what I learnt from this above verse? I learnt that many times I am so quick to say 'Yes I can do this', or 'Yes I will do that' or 'God I promise you I am going to this' or 'You can count on me, of course, it's not too much, I WILL do it'.  There have been many of these moments when I have given myself so much to do that either I do not fulfill some tasks properly or I don't fulfill them at all.

When I read this, some of the responsibilities that I have came into my mind. Some are in quite a mess because in a way I have not been pushing myself to do my best because 'something always comes up' or 'it's too hard' etc. Did you read the end part? God gets angry at such behaviour!

When I say yes, yes, yes to everything without even taking time to think and consider, I am rash with my mouth, I become a fool! It says a dream (an achievement) comes through much activity, meaning work. Therefore whatever I want to do, either responsibility or personal goals, I must ensure I have thoroughly thought about it first, then proceed into saying 'Yes'.

Once I have done that, I must ensure I keep my word right to the end! I must be a woman of Integrity. How can I possibly reflect God's character if I don't stick to my words?? Does God ever fail in any of His words? NO! NEVER!

So rather than just staying there repeating 'Oh my gosh, I have to change' to myself, I actually took action on this word. I am fixing up some of the responsibilities I have taken for granted. Now I am also thinking before I speak to ensure I can fulfill what I agree to. And above everything, when I say I will do something, I stick to it. Of course it has been hard at times, but even if i forget and end up being late, i do it. I will improve!

I think Integrity is a pretty important thing to all of us right?

No comments:

Post a Comment