Thursday 28 November 2013

Lets start right from the Beginning....



A tree is a product of its roots right? So that is where I will start, with my roots. I realised this year that all my behaviour and thinking patterns are a product of the experiences I have been through in my life - roots.



These are going to be long series of posts so prepare yourself. 

I grew up in my home country, Ghana. We had everything, big house, car, maids etc, everything to make us comfortable. Since i was a child, I was always older than my age in my mind. I believe this is due to how children are reared in Africa. At a very young age, I already looked after my brother and sister as though they were my children. 

Waking up early hours of the morning to prepare food for my brother because he would skip everyone else and choose only to wake me up!lol Many other things as well, so i already became very mature in my mind. I would be spoken to as an older child already so i had this ingrained in me. I made sure i did everything right and perfect because my parents looked to me to look after my brother and sister and be a good big sister.

I had to make sure i always got the best grades because even if i got an A, i was told I could have got an A*. This is very true. In my class, I had to be the best, the top, i didn't want to dissapoint my parents or for my brother and sister not to have something to look up to. Also all my teachers would say really good things about me, so i really wanted to make everyone proud.

If I ever got a B, for me i did terrible. I would be very upset with myself and make sure i would rectify it. I guess you can kind of see where this is going right?........

More tomorrow!

Special Event just for women this Saturday at the Rainbow Theatre Finsbury Park, YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS IT - Break the Silence

No comments:

Post a Comment