Monday 31 March 2014

Seeking, thirsty.........


As the deer pants for the water brooks,
So pants my soul for You, O God.
                    Psalm 42:1
This is what happened to me after I read that verse I spoke about in the previous post (Jeremiah 29:11). I wanted to know this God for myself. I remember asking a friend who had received what I desired, how i could have the same. I remember hearing a lot about the Holy Spirit, God Himself living in me through His Spirit! Ah! I wanted this, I no longer wanted to be empty.

Imagine, I would have God with me EVERYWHERE! I would not be empty anymore, nothing would be able to take away my joy! He would make me confident, I would always be able to seek advice from Him consistently throughout my day and speak to Him wherever, any time forever! Oh I wanted this with everything I was.

God literally was on my mind all the time, and as the above verse denotes, this is how I became. I was thirsty for God. I started reading the bible more because I wanted to know who God was, how He thinks, who I am. My absolute favourite book was The book of Romans. That book really really really helped me so much! I had a notebook and would make notes of what I would read and what God personally spoke to me through the verse about my own personal life and how I could use what I had read to help me.

I remember at this point, I literally saw God in everything, in the trees, grass, insects lol....I would be so mesmerized by the fact that He thought of all of these things, all the intricate parts of these things we take for granted, God grafted them all together for our well being. I was really falling in love :) <3

Let me leave it here for today....:) Begin to form your own love story with Him? Why don't you try what I did by telling Him what's going on right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment