Friday 20 December 2013

The inner change......


I started coming more frequently to the church as there i found something i had not felt for a very long time....Hope. I remember the more I came, the lighter I would feel inside.
At this point, I really wanted to get rid of the inferiority complexes that I had concerning myself. I wanted to believe I was beautiful, that God loved me, that He wanted me. So i remember I said this to God once in a prayer I made.

I will never forget after one youth service, the pastor made a prayer for all of us at the front and during the prayer it felt as though He was talking about me, asking God to help me see my worth. I went home thinking about this for the whole week and I really wanted that for myself.

Amazingly, without even noticing, weeks passed and I had stopped putting myself down. I did not even realise the changes that had taken place inside of me as they were happening. I was looking out of  a window in school one day, contemplating my life and I realised I had stopped putting myself down and I had started to believe in myself.

I was sooo happy and even more determined to keep coming to this place as I wanted much more.


No comments:

Post a Comment